CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Contracts Manager in Sacramento, California
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Category: Legal Affairs
City: Sacramento, California, US United States
Position ID: J0221-0303
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI is seeking an experienced IT Contracts Management professional to assume contract management responsibilities for state and local government contracts within one or more of CGI’s US business units. The contracts manager will apply a strong understanding of legal and contractual concepts to a full range of high-end IT service engagements including agile and other software development projects, hosting/cloud service offerings, and software license/maintenance relationships. The individual will need to be able to shift support between various clients and contracts as the need arises to accommodate dynamic priorities. Strategic and tactical proposal support is a significant part of this role.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
The position requires the individual to collaborate with business pursuit teams to review requests for proposals (RFPs) and provide contract risk assessments, strategic advice and agreement exceptions / redlines as part of the proposal process. The individual will also provide careful and logical review of all forms of contractual agreements, including master services agreements, license agreements, SaaS agreements, teaming and subcontractor agreements, etc. and draft necessary contract changes to align with CGI’s contracting frameworks and best practices. The individual will assist internal clients in developing negotiation and risk mitigation strategies as part of proposal development, during contract execution and throughout the contract lifecycle. The individual must be able to independently lead contract negotiations and provide value added negotiation support to legal counsel as needed for larger transactions that are more complex. The successful candidate will be required to have collaborative and regular interaction with applicable members of the business unit leadership team, sales and delivery managers, internal legal counsel as well as other internal core services groups necessary to achieve comprehensive contract review and risk assessment (security, privacy, tax, insurance, etc.)
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 10+ years of contract management experience within the state and local market;
• Solid working knowledge of contracting practices in the IT industry with a focus on legal terms and conditions (e.g., software licensing, intellectual property rights, acceptance, warranties, liabilities, indemnification, remedies);
• Ability to work through business issues as well as legal issues in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment with a proactive focus on risk management;
• Negotiation experience and a pragmatic, flexible negotiation style;
• Must be highly detail-oriented and organized with excellent analytic and problem-solving abilities;
• Must display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills;
• Knowledge of Microsoft applications to include Excel, Word, and PowerPoint;
• Ability to travel as required will be considered a plus
• Experience with outsourcing or large managed services transactions will be a plus.
Est. Salary Range (Colorado Only): $95,000-$140,000*
*Disclaimer: In accordance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, effective January 1, 2021, a good faith hourly or base salary range must be posted for all positions where the work may be performed in the state of Colorado. Therefore, this good faith salary range will only apply where this described position will be performed in the state, and should not be considered the compensation range in other locations or for other positions.
At CGI we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI’s benefits include:
• Competitive base salaries
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
• Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment;
• Back-up child care, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more
Customer Service & Support
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.