ERP Payroll Service Delivery Manager
ERP Payroll Service Delivery Manager
Category: Project Management
Main location: United States, California, Sacramento
Position ID: J1123-0395
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
U.S. - The best version of me
We are seeking an ERP Payroll Service Delivery Manager for our Managed Advantage Payroll program in support of our client's State and Local Government social services program. This is a full-time career opportunity to join our CGI team!
The position is located in Sacramento, CA. However, a hybrid working model is acceptable.
Make an impact like never before!
When you join us, you’ll play a key role working with customers and other stakeholders to develop and implement solutions in a complex, highly dynamic environment.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a fast-paced team environment on the "CGI Advantage" program. We will support our clients working side-by-side in a collaborative environment modernizing their existing technology.
We’re a close-knit team that has access to global resources. You’ll have the opportunity to explore a wide range of industries, technologies, and geographies, all while enjoying the personal touch that our local operating approach offers.
How we’re transforming Government
We use technical expertise and secure solutions to help government reinvent the ways of working to improve citizen services and increase efficiency. Our work helps civil entities provide services transparently and with fewer resources.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
How you'll make an impact
We are seeking a dynamic leader that will be the face to the client for the overall Managed Advantage program which spans Maintenance and Operations (M&O), Agile Delivery, Payroll Batch Performance, escalations, and incidents related to Payroll services
• Hands-on experience with handling complex payroll batch operations. The right candidate should have handled daily payroll with a volume of at least 250k+ transactions per month
• Hands-on management experience for both Payroll Maintenance and Operations (M&O) and On-going agile initiatives
• Directly manage a team of 15-20 people
• Relationship experience with Client Executives. Should have ultimate accountability for delivery of payroll operations.
• State and Local Government experience will be a huge plus
Project Planning and Execution:
• Oversee detailed project plans, schedules, and budgets.
• Lead project teams in executing projects according to the defined scope, timeline, and budget.
• Monitor project progress and adjust plans as necessary to ensure successful delivery.
• Act as the primary point of contact for project stakeholders, including clients, team members, and senior management.
• Regularly update stakeholders on project status, risks, and issues.
• Facilitate effective communication and collaboration among project team members.
• Identify project risks and develop mitigation strategies.
• Proactively address issues and obstacles that may impact project success.
• Ensure adherence to project quality standards and compliance with relevant client regulations.
• Allocate resources, including personnel, equipment, and budget, to meet project objectives.
• Collaborate with resource managers to ensure the availability of skilled team members.
• Optimize resource allocation for efficiency and cost-effectiveness.
• Assess the impact of changes to project scope or requirements and manage change requests.
• Ensure that changes are properly documented, approved, and communicated to relevant stakeholders.
• Minimize scope creep and its effect on project timelines and budgets.
• Provide leadership and guidance to project team members, fostering a collaborative and high-performance work environment.
• Set clear expectations, assign responsibilities, and mentor junior project managers if applicable.
• Resolve team conflicts and address performance issues as necessary.
Documentation and Reporting:
• Maintain comprehensive project documentation, including plans, schedules, status reports, and issue logs.
• Generate regular project reports for management and stakeholders.
• Capture lessons learned and best practices for future projects.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
What you'll bring
• Extensive experience in project management, including leading and successfully delivering complex projects.
• We expect a Senior Project Manager to have 5-10 years or more of relevant experience.
• We expect this candidate to have managed ERP/Payroll Implementation projects.
• Proficiency in project management methodologies, tools, and software. This includes creating and managing project plans, schedules, budgets, and resources.
• Strong leadership and team management skills to effectively lead project teams and motivate team members.
• A focus on meeting client needs and ensuring client satisfaction.
• Sound judgment and decision-making abilities, especially in high-pressure situations.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills to interact with stakeholders, team members, and clients.
• Ability to identify, assess, and mitigate project risks effectively.
• Strong problem-solving skills to address issues and obstacles that arise during projects.
• Experience in change management to handle scope changes and adapt to evolving project requirements.
• Knowledge of quality assurance and quality control processes to ensure project deliverables meet required standards.
• Proficient negotiation skills for dealing with vendors, clients, and team members.
• Understanding of project financials, including budgeting, cost control, and financial reporting.
• Effective conflict resolution skills to address disagreements and maintain a positive team dynamic
Competencies/Years of experience
Desired qualifications/non-essential skills:
• "CGI Advantage" ERP Implementation Experience
• PMI PMP Certification
• Agile/Scrum Certification
“CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to skill set, level, experience, relevant training, and licensure and certifications. To support the ability to reward for merit-based performance, CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range for this role in the U.S. is $122,200 - $213,800."
At CGI we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI’s benefits include:
• Competitive base salaries
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
• Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment;
• Back-up child care, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more
Agile Delivery Management
PMI Project Management Prof
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, height, weight, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the Position ID of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a Position ID will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Clickhere (https://cgi-veterans.jobs/) to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.