Senior Pega Developer (Team Lead)
Senior Pega Developer (Team Lead)
Category: Software Development/ Engineering
Main location: United States, California, Sacramento
Alternate Location(s): United States, Tennessee, Knoxville
Position ID: J0823-1282
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
U.S. - The best version of me
We are seeking a Senior Pega Developer (Team Lead) to join our CGI team on an exciting and ground-breaking project for a major California client!
This career opportunity is in Sacramento, CA! However, this role can also be performed at our CGI Knoxville, TN location!
You’ll help this huge, multi-faceted agency improve their processes and legacy systems under one unified enterprise solution.
By bringing to bear technologies such as Pega, in conjunction with our standard methodologies for Service-Oriented Architecture, Master Data Management, Big Data, and Business Process Management, you’ll make a lasting impact by helping our client more effectively and efficiently serve its citizens via modernized channels and technologies.
You will make a lasting impact by helping our client serve its clients via modernized channels and technologies.
Joining our complementary team of architects and engineers to partner with our well-established client means that you’ll get to address a wide array of problem-solving challenges in a collaborative and encouraging environment for years to come.
How we’re transforming Government
We use technical expertise and secure solutions to help government reinvent the ways of working to improve citizen services and increase efficiency. Our work helps civil entities provide services transparently and with fewer resources.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
How you'll make an impact
• Lead a small team of 4-5 members
• Attend and contribute in design sessions to design system functionalities
• Build and maintain system functionality based on approved designs and following project standards
• Work with business analysts to ensure fidelity to designs
• Work with architects as needed to create and follow standard approaches to design the application
• Unit test code using project processes and tools
• Perform Unit Integration Test prior to code being deployed to test environments
• Perform code reviews and other quality control measures per project standards
• Collaborate with other developers and provide mentorship to junior developers
• Diagnostic issues reported by users in production environment
• Participate in production cutover activities
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
What you'll bring
• 7+ Years – Programming experience with Pega
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS/NON-ESSENTIAL SKILLS:
• Experience with database structures, theories, principles, and practices
• Experience using REST and SOAP services in enterprise applications
• Experience working on geographically spread teams and interacting with developers, team leads, and product owners daily
• Thrive in a team environment
• Customer focused
• Good solid grasp of the Microsoft Office suite of applications, Database tools, and TFS
“CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to skill set, level, experience, relevant training, and licensure and certifications. To support the ability to reward for merit-based performance, CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range for this role in the U.S. is $84,000 - $146,900."
At CGI we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI’s benefits include:
• Competitive base salaries
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
• Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment;
• Back-up child care, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Clickhere (https://cgi-veterans.jobs/) to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.