San Antonio, TX
Category: Cyber Security
Main location: United States, Texas, San Antonio
Position ID: J0923-0891
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
U.S. - CGI Federal roles - What we do matters
CGI Federal is looking for Cyber Security Analyst to support our Managed Security Services Security Operations Center. We provide Incident Management and Intrusion Detection services, along with Threat Hunting and in-depth analysis to our customers. Qualified applicants will be on the forefront of incident response where they will utilize the latest in network security technology to provide Computer Network Defense and Information Assurance (IA) support to CGI Federal and its customers.
Due to the nature of the government contracts this position requires US Citizenship.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Understand and maintain the appropriate knowledge of tools, security procedures, and services within the SOC.
• Ensure that event analysis and incident reports are documented and quality control is applied to ensure accuracy.
• Assist in developing and maturing the current & future services and capabilities of the SOC, such as Forensics, Threat Management, Penetration Assessments, Tool Management, and more.
• Identify improvements within processes, procedures, policies, staffing, training, and tools to improve efforts and daily operations.
• Ensure that all procedures and operations are carried out as tasked.
• Responsible for shift activity logging and daily operations in terms of making sure that daily shift responsibilities are completed.
• Understand & contribute to the improvement and direction of SOC objectives, direction, and procedures.
• Maintain the ability to complete all SOC daily operations and procedures, and ensure the proper escalation and leadership knowledge is provided.
• Ensure the proper documentation of tickets, shift documentation, correspondence, and escalations.
• Ensure events are handled at detection time according to established procedures.
• Demonstrate excellent communication and client care skills by documenting all activities within our client delivery systems and communicating with client representatives in a timely manner.
• Stay informed of current events in the security industry including the latest exploits and threats as well as preventative measures, remediating, and restoration techniques.
• Act as the escalation point for client requests for information and presence.
• Mentor team members to improve quality and consistency of security information analysis of network traffic.
• Assist analyst investigation and ticket creation efforts. Provide daily monitoring and alerting of events that occur within the near real time environment.
• Ensure the proper mitigation's and vulnerability management are recommended and escalated to management.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Graduation with a degree from a recognized university with specialization in Computer Sciences or a related discipline and/or a minimum of three to five (3 - 5) years of directly related practical experience and demonstrated ability to carry out the functions of the job.
• Experience working in an IT Security Operations Center using SANS methodology
• Experience and extensive knowledge of Security Information Event Management
• Experience in Intrusion Detection or Prevention Systems
• Knowledge of: TCP/IP, computer networking, routing and switching
• Experience in Linux/UNIX and Windows based devices at the System Administrator level
• System log forensics (Syslog, Event Viewer)
• Strong troubleshooting, reasoning and problem solving skills
• Team player, excellent communication skills, good time management
• Organizational skills and the ability to work autonomously with attention to processes
• Ability to speak and communicate effectively with peers, management and clients
• Ability and experience in writing clear and concise technical documentation
• Ability to speak and write fluently in English
SIEM experience (ArcSight, QRadar, Splunk)
• Experience using ticketing systems such as Remedy, LanDesk, ServiceNow
• Security +, Network +, CISSP, CEH, GCIA, GCIH, CISM, SPLUNK Training highly valued
• Knowledge of: Strong Authentication, End Point Security, Internet Policy Enforcement, Firewalls, Web Content Filtering, Database Activity Monitoring (DAM), Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), Data Loss Prevention (DLP), Identity and Access Management (IAM) solutions
“CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to: skill set level; experience and training; and licensure and certifications. CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $59,700K- $146,900K.”
Let’s talk about benefits:
• Competitive compensation
• Comprehensive insurance options
• Matching contributions through the 401(k) plan and the share purchase plan
• Paid time off for vacation, holidays, and sick time
• Paid maternity and parental leave
• Learning opportunities and tuition assistance
• Member assistance and wellness programs
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Clickhere (https://cgi-veterans.jobs/) to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.