CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Application Solutions Architect in San Diego, California
Application Solutions Architect
CGI-experience the commitment
Find similar career opportunities
City:San Diego, California, United States
Employment Type:Full Time
Solution Architect is responsible for the development of the overall vision and transforms that vision into the proposed solution. The Solution Architect is responsible for combining guidance from different enterprise architecture viewpoints (business, information, technical and implementation) in order to meet business requirements while aligning to the technical requirements. The Solutions Architect becomes involved with a project at the time of inception (proposal process) and is involved in the functional analysis (FA) of the initial requirements. The Solution Architect works very closely with the business, information, and technical architects to ensure proper implementation. They are the link between the needs of the organization and the Architects.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
The Solutions Architect has several essential duties and responsibilities, which include:
• Understand business and technical requirements of components assigned to him or her
• Develop and document detailed designs using client standards and templates
• Develop and document unit test plans, execute unit testing and document results
• Work with other client Groups and Vendor on the coordination of their interface activities
• Support Project Testing efforts as needed for Site Acceptance Testing, Interface Testing, End-to-End Testing and other project testing
• Design, fix and unit test all defects identified in components assigned to him or her
• Perform ad-hoc technical activities or coordination activities as assigned from the Project Architect or Project Manager
• Provide daily status updates (method to be determined with Project Architect)
• Reports to Project Architect
• Minimal travel is required.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Minimum 5 years of experience with ASP.Net and/or Java technologies.
• Minimum 5 years experience developing web services (understanding of MultiSpeak standards a plus) with SOAP, REST / JSON and DDO
• Minimum 5 years of experience with Oracle/SQL Server and related technologies (e.g., PL/SQL)
• Knowledge of FME software and previous work experience building FME Workbench ETL is a plus
• Experience with scripting languages such as Python and Delphi a plus
• Experience in coordinating development/technical activities across a large organization
• Experience developing in Windows 2008/2012 Server environments
• Experience developing structured detailed designs and detailed test cases
• Preferred direct delivery experience with cloud-native technologies including public cloud providers, cloud platforms such as Cloud Foundry or Kubernetes and modern development frameworks such as Spring Boot and Spring Cloud
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
• Experience developing solutions from Business driven requirements
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
Have you been referred by a CGI Member for this position?* Yes No
CGI member’s email (@cgi.com) *
I agree to allow CGI to contact the CGI member who referred me to obtain additional information about my application and to confirm my referral. *
* This field is required.
CGI is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and to compliance with US laws and regulations. Click here at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEOPolicy-Signed2017.pdf to access our US EEO/Affirmative action policy.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws:
EPPA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf
FMLA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/fmlaen.pdf
Consolidated EEO Is The Law at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEO_Poster.pdf
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at http://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.