Category: Analytics and Emerging Digital Technologies
Main location: United States, Remote
Alternate Location(s): United States, Virginia, Sterling
United States, Virginia, Reston
United States, South Carolina, Columbia
Position ID: J0823-0431
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI has an immediate need for a Solutions Engineer to join our team in Sterling, VA, Reston, VA or Columbia, SC. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a fast-paced team environment supporting one of the largest leaders in the secondary mortgage industry. We take an innovative approach to supporting our client, working side-by-side in an agile environment using emerging technologies.
• We partner with 15 of the top 20 banks globally, and our top 10 banking clients have worked with us for an average of 26 years!
• We have over 73,000+ CGI Members in 40 countries and over 5k+ loyal Clients who are leveraging our end-to-end services across the globe
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Program, coding, debugging, and using relevant programming languages like Python
• Relationship Management including managing and engaging stakeholders, customers, and vendors, building relationship networks, contracting, etc.
• Documentation and database reporting for the purposes of analysis, data discovery, and decision-making with the use of relevant software such as Crystal Reports, Excel, or SSRS
• Gather accurate information to explain concepts and answer critical questions
• Product Development including designing products, developing product roadmaps, translating design requirements, prototyping, etc.
• Adept at milestones development, tracking and technical dependency mapping
Provide guidance in operational excellence by recommending performance and cost optimization techniques
• Influencing including negotiating, persuading others, facilitating meetings, and resolving conflict
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 5 years related work experience as an Engineer focused on cloud infrastructure solutioning
• Experience with cloud migrations of virtual & physical application assets from on-premises to AWS
• Expertise in recommending AWS Security, Automation, Cost optimization & Operational efficiency
• Experience in Infrastructure Software Development (Python)
• Good technical and analytical skills for issues troubleshooting cloud infrastructure issues
• Excellent interpersonal skills with attitude towards solving cloud migration related challenges
• Cloud technologies and cloud computing using AWS Well Architected Framework (WAF)
• Strong knowledge on core AWS services like S3, EC2, CloudFormation, RDS and NACLs, SGs and routing
• Well versed in the use cases for types of load balancers, gateways, EFS, FsX, endpoints and Route 53
• A good understanding of on-premise virtual compute environment, tools and network topology
• Very strong communication in writing or verbally, copywriting, planning and distributing communication, etc.
• AWS Certification (associate or professional level)
• Experience working in an Agile Environment
• Experience using Jira, confluence, and other productivity toolsre)
B.S. Computer Science
CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to skill set, level, experience, relevant training, and licensure and certifications. To support the ability to reward for merit-based performance, CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range for this role in the U.S. is $67,200.00 - $146,900.00.
At CGI we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI’s benefits include:
• Competitive base salaries
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
• Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment.
• Back-up childcare, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more.
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Clickhere (https://cgi-veterans.jobs/) to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.