CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Technical Writer in Sterling, Virginia
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Category: Business Analysis (functional and technical)
City: Sterling, Virginia, US United States
Position ID: J0921-3484
Employment Type: Full Time
Be part of a growing team in one of the largest technology and business services firms in the world. If you are highly motivated, energetic, customer-focused, and a forward thinker then we have an opportunity for you as a Technical Writer in our US Enterprise IT Services organization.
Technical writers are the advocates, researchers, and communication experts who enhance the value and reliability of our solutions amongst our internal cross-functional teams as well as customers across the region. You will utilize your technical expertise and professional writing skills to create technical documentation and manuals to convey complex information in a concise, effective, consistent, and compelling manner. Likewise to document internal team processes, A & A templates as well and internal and external facing publications and communications.
You should be intellectually curious, analytical, and resourceful with a passion for producing high-quality accurate content for services and solutions process documentation and publications. As applicable, you are also able to inject creativity into structured writing, thereby educating and informing on a range of topics whilst engaging the reader.
This role can be located at any CGI office in the U.S. however, the preferred location is Sterling, VA.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Produce an array of technical content including user manuals, product factsheets, standard operating procedures, technical design specifications, API & KB documentation, Knowledge Articles, Internal and External facing Communication(s) templates, etc.
• Collaborate with Architecture + Design, Engineering, Product/Service/Project Management teams, and Subject Matter Experts to obtain an in-depth understanding of our platforms, product features, end-user requirements, and processes
• Lead process documentation projects to include cross-functional working sessions to formalize internal process documentation as well as formalizing internal and external facing communication templates
• Enhance existing and new documentation with the inclusion of illustrations, diagrams, charts, navigation controls, etc. while adhering to standards for graphics, format, style, and workflow.
• Coordinate the publication and distribution of technical materials online.
• Maintain a comprehensive library of technical terminology and documentation.
• Continually evaluate current content and manage updates or revisions to literature.
• Conduct periodic sampling of internal audits to ensure compliancy standards related to process documentation are being met.
• Act as Primary Liaison and compliance manager supporting publications to internal team and company intranet sites
• Proactively keeping abreast of developments internally and externally to support overall compliance, Q & As, and efficiencies.
Partner with internal teams to market capabilities, develop customer case studies, assist with whitepapers, etc. (as and when required)
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• About 3 - 5 years of technical writing, technical blogging, product documentation or online publishing experience in the IT domain.
• Familiarity with IT infrastructure environments (VDI/DevOps/Network/Voice/Telco/HelpDesk/HDWR+Software/web + cloud solutions)
• Experience with Compliance + QA, ITIL Best practices, Service/Client Delivery Management, PMO and IT Asset Management environments would be helpful
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Detail-oriented, well-organized and possess the ability to work in cross-functional teams while managing multiple projects under competing deadlines.
• Possess an aptitude and passion for writing and technology.
• Experience with Remedy ITSM
• Skilled with Knowledge Base and Knowledge Management
• Ability to quickly learn and understand complex topics.
• Ability to do work in Tableau or Domo
• Ability to do complex Excel file work (vlookups, compares, etc.)
Minimum Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Est. Salary Range (Colorado Only): $66,000-$125,000*
*Disclaimer: In accordance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, effective January 1, 2021, a good faith hourly or base salary range must be posted for all positions where the work may be performed in the state of Colorado. Therefore, this good faith salary range will only apply where this described position will be performed in the state, and should not be considered the compensation range in other locations or for other positions.
At CGI we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI’s benefits include:
• Competitive base salaries
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
• Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment;
• Back-up child care, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.