CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Senior Global IT PMO Lead - Life Sciences in Summit, New Jersey
Senior Global IT PMO Lead - Life Sciences
CGI-experience the commitment
Find similar career opportunities
City:Summit, New Jersey, United States
Employment Type:Full Time
The Director, PMO Strategy and Operations role will be responsible for leading centralized support for the PMO Organization’s systems, operations, project-related financials team and PMO-led strategic initiatives. In addition to management of operations, the role is envisioned to be highly consultative, working closely with the PMO Lead and the Portfolio Managers to successfully drive change management around key strategic initiatives.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
The Director, PMO Strategy and Operations role will be responsible for leading centralized support for the PMO Organization’s systems, operations, project-related financials team and PMO-led strategic initiatives. In addition to management of operations, the role is envisioned to be highly consultative, working closely with the PMO Lead and the Portfolio Managers to successfully drive change management around key strategic initiatives. Currently, PMO strategic initiatives are underway to:
• Realign the IT PMO Organization’s services by business group to achieve more client- focus
• Provide management reporting and dashboards to offer greater transparency into program and project status, issues, risks and dependencies, as well as facilitate management decision making
• Identify ways to streamline and implement improvements to the SDLC process and related systems to drive more efficient execution and delivery of portfolios of programs and projects
• Adjust the SDLC process and systems to enable the adoption of Agile and multi-modal development and implementation methodologies
The role will be responsible to:
I. Assist the IT PMO Lead and in planning and executing strategy, documentation and communication around changes in IT PMO policies, processes, procedures, and best practices in support of PMO strategic initiatives (some of which are noted above). Additionally, identify and drive tactical efforts to continuously improve the IT PMO Organization and outcomes for business clients.
II. Manage IT PMO-owned tools and systems, and identify gaps and define requirements for new systems to support the IT PMO organization and clients:
• Continuously research best practices, systems and tools
• Define requirements and identify potential vendor solutions where there are gaps currently or upgrades would benefit the IT PMO team or their clients
• Review features and gaps relative to the requirements
• Rank alternative vendor solutions
• Work closely with vendors and internal IT to ensure successful configuration, implementation and administration of new solutions
III. Work collaboratively with IT PMO Management and the Portfolio Managers to implement standardized IT PMO Reporting, including executive level reporting for the CIO and ITSLT members. Systems and processes, both internal and external to the IT PMO, will need to be adjusted to deliver these reports.
IV. Manage and work closely with the teams that comprise IT PMO Strategy and Operations, which will include three centralized service areas:
Strategy and Quality Control: This area of IT PMO Operations is responsible for working on strategic initiatives noted above. Additionally, a QC Analyst will work to ensure that the SDLC processes, procedures and gates implemented by the PMO are being followed and related artifacts are complete, meet quality standards, and are available for future project teams to utilize. This group will coordinate SDLC reviews and meetings, and supports SDLC process-related training for the IT PMO team.
IT PMO Systems and Reporting: This team centrally manages and evolves PMO systems and tools. This includes the PPM tool, SharePoint team sites and document repository, as well as business intelligence-driven management reporting, dashboards, analytics and metrics. Agile tools will be added (e.g., Jira, Confluence) and will be important going forward as the IT PMO evolves to support multi-modal delivery.
Program and Project Financial Services: The team manages the project accounting, purchase orders, SOWs and invoice matching activities for the major programs and projects managed by the PMO for our business clients as a service.
• Additional responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Work closely with the Portfolio Manager, Program Managers and IT PMO Operations to identify and promote best practices and continuous improvement in IT PMO processes, systems, tools and reports
• Work closely with Sourcing and Vendor Management on contracts*
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 15+ years of experience in Information Technology or Management Consulting including:
o IT strategy, process improvement, and/or organizational change management-related role/engagements
o Successful record of establishing and managing executive-level client relationships
o Proven repeated experience developing and driving innovative solutions to business problems, convincing stakeholders of their value and driving delivery and adoption from inception through successful implementation
o Progressively increasing management responsibilities
• SME level expertise in IT PMO Operations, with a successful history of streamlining, rationalizing and adapting IT PMO processes and systems to support an entrepreneurial, Agile environment
• Proven experience successfully managing teams with some members offshore
• Knowledge of financial systems, data warehousing and data integration, as well as business intelligence reporting and dashboards will be essential to this role. The role will be tasked with defining and leading (with Finance) the maturation of project-related accounting, as well as integrating this information with our management reporting and dashboards
• Solid understanding of the principles of finance, accrual accounting and cost benefit analysis (e.g., capitalized and expensed costs, accruals, forecasts, opportunity costs, soft and hard dollar benefits, risk quantification, payback, ROI, NPV, etc.) will be required as we institute more formal cost benefit analysis around projects and portfolio prioritization
• Experience implementing management reporting to improve management decision-making, using Business Intelligence tools and best practices
• Expertise in PMO financial management and reporting best practices
• Hands-on experience using Agile methodologies and Scrum and Kanban tools to manage projects and report status
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business administration, engineering or a related discipline
• PMP or Prince2 Certification
• Experience with Project and Portfolio Management systems, reporting and quality control
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS/NON-ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
• Master’s degree in computer science, business administration, engineering or a related discipline
• Agile CSM or PSM Certification
• Pharmaceutical, biotech or regulated industry experience
• Experience in establishing managed-services to support IT PMOs
Agile / Collaborative Method
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
Have you been referred by a CGI Member for this position?* Yes No
CGI member’s email (@cgi.com) *
I agree to allow CGI to contact the CGI member who referred me to obtain additional information about my application and to confirm my referral. *
* This field is required.
CGI is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and to compliance with US laws and regulations. Click here at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEOPolicy-Signed2017.pdf to access our US EEO/Affirmative action policy.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws:
EPPA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf
FMLA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/fmlaen.pdf
Consolidated EEO Is The Law at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEO_Poster.pdf
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at http://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.