CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Cloud DevOps Engineer in Tempe, Arizona
Cloud DevOps Engineer
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Cloud DevOps Engineer
City: Tempe, Arizona, United States
Position ID: J0321-3274
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: A place to build an IT career
This is a pivotal role to assist in the development and transformation of systems leveraging an Automation / DevOps model. Areas of work will include the development of automation, managing Kubernetes clusters and nodes in a multi-tenant environment, monitoring (alerting/logging), deployment and continuous integration working closely with our Infrastructure teams and business partners.
The ideal candidate must be detail oriented, possess strong verbal and written communication skills, able to multi task, can work independently and is a team performer. You should also have a proactive approach to identify problems before they happen and implement solutions that detect and prevent outages.
This role can be located at any CGI office in the U.S. however, preferred location is Tempe, AZ.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Working knowledge and senior-level understanding of the Rancher Labs portfolio of products.
• Supporting Kubernetes (Rancher) clusters and worker nodes
• Working with Clients and vendors to implement solutions based on Rancher
• Building Rancher extensions, catalog items and integrations to solve customer problems
• Understanding complimentary technology, such as Docker, Kubernetes, etc
• Streamline operations by thinking “automation first”
• Assist in resolution of issues with new and existing container solutions
• Lead technical projects in support of containerization initiatives
• Collaborate with other teams and external vendors to deliver quality solutions to our clients.
• Be responsive to the business, colleagues, vendors and management
• Maintain currency with latest developments in the Kubernetes world
• Support business technology plans, influence over architectural designs and documentation for hybrid hosting solutions
• After hour and week-end availability for support is required in this role
• Participation in on-call rotation expected
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 2+ Years of experience managing/operating Kubernetes environments
• 2+ Years of experience in a DevOps oriented support team
• 4+ Years of experience with scripting languages (Bash, Python, Ruby, PowerShell, etc..)
• 2+ Years of experience with SDLC tools (Bitbucket, GitLab, Jenkins, Bamboo, etc.)
• 2+ Years of experience working with configuration management tools (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Rundeck, etc)
• 2+ Years of experience managing infrastructure environments with IoC (Infrastructure as Code) methodology
• Knowledge of Server Operating systems with an emphasis on Microsoft and Linux
• 10+ Years of experience in Information Technology, 5 years in a senior infrastructure role
• A demonstrated history of learning new technologies and the ability to integrate them to provide solutions to complex problems
• Proven experience in working in a fast-paced deadline driven environment. Must be able to adapt to rapidly evolving opportunities
• Organized and methodical approach with excellent attention to detail
• Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
• Ability to exercise strict confidentiality
• Familiar with ITIL methodology for ITSM
• Server – Wintel
• Server – Linux
• Customer Service & Support
• Problem Solving/Decision Making
• Communication (Oral/Written)
Est. Salary Range (Colorado Only): $84,000-$110,000*
*Disclaimer: In accordance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, effective January 1, 2021, a good faith hourly or base salary range must be posted for all positions where the work may be performed in the state of Colorado. Therefore, this good faith salary range will only apply where this described position will be performed in the state, and should not be considered the compensation range in other locations or for other positions.
At CGI we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI’s benefits include:
• Competitive base salaries
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
• Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment;
• Back-up child care, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more
Server - Wintel
Server - Linux
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.