Application Support Specialist I
Application Support Specialist I
Category: Service Desk / End User Services
Main location: United States, South Carolina, Columbia
Alternate Location(s): United States, Alabama, Troy
Position ID: J0224-0487
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
U.S. - The best version of me
CGI has an immediate need for an Application Support Specialist I to join our team in Columbia, SC or Troy, AL. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a fast-paced team environment supporting one of the largest leaders in the secondary mortgage industry. We take an innovative approach to supporting our client, working side-by-side in an agile environment using emerging technologies.
• We partner with 15 of the top 20 banks globally, and our top 10 banking clients have worked with us for an average of 26 years!
• We have over 73,000+ CGI Members in 40 countries and over 5k+ loyal Clients who are leveraging our end-to-end services across the globe
Preferred location is Columbia, SC or Troy, AL, but the position is open to Remote work anywhere in the US where there is a local CGI Office.
Application Support agents will manage tickets to resolution in a 24/7/365 environment using the knowledge articles and best practices or will escalate to higher tier support teams if a scripted resolution is not applicable. Support agents will also respond to requests and assist on the implementation of changes and tasks using guided instructions to perform the tasks.
Daily efforts will include performing scheduled actions or responding to automated alerts to maintain an application or other platform with a priority on the production environment and best efforts for lower environments. This includes but is not limited to the following:
• Troubleshooting stoppages
• Repairing bugs
• Documenting application performance
• Coordinating with technology and/or infrastructure management
Application Support agents will be expected to adhere to strict response and resolution SLA's, and utilize skilled technical writing when documenting resolution/triage steps and continually identify and assist with the implementation of automation and service improvements.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Manage tickets to resolution in a 24/7/365 environment using knowledge articles and best practices.
• As a member of the Operations team, execute changes, runbooks and ITSRs and troubleshoot various issues across multiple platforms and applications.
• Eyes on glass monitoring of the health of applications as well as the underlying infrastructure. Proactively look for hardware, software, and environmental alerts or malfunctions.
• Perform analysis of data, using multiple application protocols including web, database, storage, supporting infrastructure such as DNS, LDAP, SSL, SMTP, and FTP and many other systems and technologies.
• Influence other technical teams on the calls and articulate troubleshooting steps effectively.
• Ensure appropriate functional and management escalation takes place as per the standards and procedures.
• Follow up on items that could potentially negatively impact production operations, assist with postmortem related activities and support various efforts related to operational improvements.
• Based on recommendations from management, implement new and improved processes, change processes, perform new tasks, create reports and address ad-hoc requests.
• Perform additional duties as assigned.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 1+ year of AWS, Oracle, Autosys, and ServiceNow
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent organization and communication skills.
• Strong aptitude for attention to details.
• Strong ability to work through conflicts
• Ability to analyze dashboards and reporting/monitoring tools to look at trends and patterns in application health and performance.
• Knowledge of PC usage and related software packages (e.g. outlook, browsers, Sharepoint, Office Suite)
• Basic knowledge of ITIL
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to handle high level volume of work
• Ability to work in a strict SLA-driven environment
• Ability to focus on details, detail-oriented
• Ability to follow strict client procedures and guidelines
• Able to maintain professionalism while directly interacting with clients/customers
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
• Display a positive attitude to ensure an exceptional client experience as well as quality work is provided
• Execute problem-solving initiative and being proactive in finding a solution.
• Take initiative to improve self-development along with job-related skills
• Perform additional duties as assigned.
• Associate degree. Bachelor’s degree can be substituted for the 1 year of IT support or call center experience.
• One (1) year experience in IT support or call center support may be substituted for the Associates Degree
CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to skill set, level, experience, relevant training, and licensure and certifications. To support the ability to reward for merit-based performance, CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range for this role in the U.S. is $53,100.00- $130,600.00.
At CGI we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI’s benefits include:
• Competitive base salaries
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
• Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment.
• Back-up childcare, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more.
**CGI anticipates accepting applications for this position through March 21st, 2024.
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, height, weight, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the Position ID of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a Position ID will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Clickhere (https://cgi-veterans.jobs/) to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.