CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Production Associate Level 1 (All Shifts) - Tucson AZ (TPC) in Tucson, Arizona
Production Associate Level 1 (All Shifts) - Tucson AZ (TPC)
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Production Associate Level 1 (All Shifts) - Tucson AZ (TPC)
City: Tucson, Arizona, US United States
Position ID: J0421-1173
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
The Bookprint Production Associate Level I First and Second Shift (6:30 am – 2:30 pm and 3:00- 11:00 pm) provides support to the Government staff by performing various clerical and repe3titive manual functions with a high attention to detail and accuracy. The Bookprint Production Associate achieves a basic knowledge of the current travel document issuance software and computer operations system, to include retrieval of individual application information, upgrading applications to expedite status, data entry, and generation of mailing labels.
Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearance requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required. The selected candidate must be able to frequently lift and carry up to 35lbs. This position may require long hours of standing. As a result, the selected candidate will be expected to be able to stand and walk around the worksite for the entirety of their shift.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Anticipated tasks include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Maintain control and accountability of passport books and passport cards
• Review application information and printed passport books/cards for errors and quality
• Verify individual book/card usage reports
• Maintain accurate reporting
• Operate and maintain responsibility for the care of computer equipment, including passport printers
• Operate personalization-printing equipment and follow a pre-set pattern for document sequencing
• Verify accuracy of data on passport using an optical character reader
• Write data onto the passport-integrated chip using chip writer/reader
• Determine acceptability of passport quality
• Print correct passport endorsements as appropriate
• Prepare sealed envelopes with accurate address information
• Conduct all aspects of mail out operations, including operation of automated postal machines
• Assist in training employees in essential job functions, while constantly improving training, processes, and procedures
• Ensure adherence to all internal controls
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
• High School diploma or equivalent and at least 1 year of experience in a quota-based environment, sales, production, call center, or manufacturing required
• Must fluently speak, read, and write in English without translation assistance
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications especially Outlook and Microsoft Word
• Capable of performing repetitive tasks such as lifting, standing, sitting and filing for extended periods
• Follow critical processes and exercise acute attention to detail
• Must be available to work mandatory overtime, to include Saturdays, to meet client demands
• Ability to obtain and maintain a Government Agency Moderate Risk Public Trust approval
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.