CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. MS Dynamics AX Engagement Manager in Warminster, Pennsylvania
MS Dynamics AX Engagement Manager
CGI-experience the commitment
Find similar career opportunities
City:Warminster, Pennsylvania, United States
Employment Type:Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
CGI is hiring an experienced Microsoft Dynamics AX Engagement Manager to join its global Microsoft practice of over 5,000 professionals and lead important Microsoft Dynamics AX projects with mostly a US Mid-Atlantic / eastern seaboard geographic focus.
In addition to leading projects, the ideal candidate will also help develop opportunities and participate in business development activities, and actively engage with Microsoft sales channels to help identify and land new opportunities.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Reports to the Director of Consulting services
• Leads the customer delivery team providing end-to-end project management and assists in the pre-sales process for Dynamics AX for customer engagements.
• Leverage’s CGI’s implementation methodology, creates and manages project plans and artifacts
• Coordinates project resources to execute activities across distributed teams and delivery centers onshore, nearshore and offshore.
• Plans activities, scope, goals and deliverables that support our client’s business goals and solution delivery
• Leads discovery meetings and requirements sessions to identify customer needs. Facilitates solution design, system architecture process sessions with other CGI SMEs (on/near/off shore)
• Work with clients, end-users and management to understand their business and software requirements, scope, gaps, timeline and budget.
• Convert requirements to functional specs and functional design documents.
• Effectively translate requirements to the delivery team to ensure a clear and complete understanding of the requirements.
• Manage the delivery of projects through the complete lifecycle from aspiration through to Operations. This will include ensuring that the project is delivered on time, meet‘s business & technical requirements and is within the agreed upon budget and quality standards
• Work with the practice leadership team to manage changes to the original agreements
• Tracks progress against deliverables, adjusts plans as required and provides regular status reporting to senior leadership and customers
• Proactively manages project budget, dependencies, risk and critical path
• Facilitate the implementation and support of Microsoft Dynamics AX at client location
• Manage project plans, budgets, and resource schedules on a weekly basis.
• Implement appropriate controls and governance structures to ensure on-time, on-budget and quality outcomes.
• Manages project quality to ensure customer satisfaction.
• Manage issues and risks associated with the project.
• Manage the deliverable approval process essential to overall project approval.
• Establishes a strategy of continuous risk management that enables proactive decisions and actions throughout the project life cycle and creates an environment to support it where the project team has visible, measurable, and repeatable processes for managing these risks.
• Demonstrate the ability to work systematically and logically to analyze situations, resolve problems, identify causes and anticipate implications
• Manage and develop customer relationships and perceptions to achieve mutual goals
• Demonstrate the capacity to plan, prioritize and organize their time, project schedules and multiple project activities
• Executes established policies and procedures for the project, e.g. quality assurance, team reference guide, communication plan, and setting up the environment. Ensure adherence to CGI customer satisfaction policies, procedures and objectives.
• Directly interacts with customers as their main point of contact
• Resolves conflicts and issues with the goal of improving and maintaining positive relationships. Mitigates issues or escalates appropriately to management
• Leads, motivates, and develops the project team staff. Will be expected to coach and mentor practice team members.
• Provides ongoing input to the delivery practice through suggestions and implementations of practice improvements
• Will assist the Director in the growth of the Dynamics team (revenue, billability and profitability)
• Assist in the sales process, including estimating work effort and expenses using standard tools.
• Demonstrate high level of independence consistently with CGI management framework and, show initiative, and be highly motivated to grow the business.
• Proactively look for ways to keep all time productive and will use non-customer time for management tasks, personal training and internal projects.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Proven experience in leading Dynamics 365 implementations in manufacturing and distribution environments with particular focus on upgrading from prior versions of Dynamics AX.
• Broad knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics 365 and AX 4 and up.
• Excellent communication, presentation, training, client relationship and analytical skills
• Demonstrated experience presenting and interfacing with C-level executives
• Customer oriented attitude and excellent interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated ability to be highly effected in a virtual team organization (on/near/off shore)
• Minimum of 7 years of experience working with Dynamics AX with a focus on Production. Expert on delivering ERP, and CRM solutions on within the Microsoft Dynamics AX and CRM platforms.
• Dynamics AX full life cycle implementation experience with discrete manufacturers. Experience managing multiple full lifecycle implementations.
• Proven Project Management experience in upgrading clients to Dynamics 365. Coordinate and monitor project teams as required for the planning, development, testing, and implementation phases
• Multiple examples of major enterprise services project delivery successes
• Demonstrated expertise in project estimation and phase breakdown of work programs
• Familiar with agile implementation methodology (Agile/Scrum certifications a plus)
• Strong time management, well-organized, consistently meets commitments and creates high-level deliverables
• Demonstrate strong analytical and problem-solving skills, particularly with regard to anticipating and solving problems or issues before they occur or become critical
• Self-starter with the ability to work within an operating framework
• Prior consulting experience a must
Additional Preferred Skills & Considerations:
• Dynamics AX certifications
• Dynamics AX, CRM knowledge, and implementation experience
• Located or willing to relocate to Pennsylvania (Philadelphia or its suburbs) for initial 10-12 months engagement.
• Although the immediate need is in the Greater Philadelphia region, travel is an integral part of this position; candidates must be willing and able to travel.
• PMP Certification
• Agile/Scrum certifications and proven experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Industrial Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, MIS or related field
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
MS Dynamics ERP
MS Dynamics ERP
Have you been referred by a CGI Member for this position?* Yes No
CGI member’s email (@cgi.com) *
I agree to allow CGI to contact the CGI member who referred me to obtain additional information about my application and to confirm my referral. *
* This field is required.
CGI is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and to compliance with US laws and regulations. Click here at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEOPolicy-Signed2017.pdf to access our US EEO/Affirmative action policy.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws:
EPPA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf
FMLA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/fmlaen.pdf
Consolidated EEO Is The Law at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEO_Poster.pdf
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at http://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.