CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Financial Specialist I with DOJ in Washington DC, District Of Columbia
Financial Specialist I with DOJ
Find similar career opportunities
Financial Specialist I with DOJ
City: Washington DC, District of Columbia, United States
Position ID: J0219-0304
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI Federal is seeking a Financial Specialist I to support DOJ in Washington DC
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Maintaining an electronic document control register for all obligations and expenditures,
• Preparing commitment documents for agency services
• Submitting requisition documents for customer service reimbursement agreements, create vendor delivery receipts and review invoices for correctness and completeness prior to submission to Analysts.
• Generate financial reports in UFMS to review, track and monitor the status of budgetary resources, verify validity of open obligations routinely
• Coordinates with staff to resolve conflicting issues relating to status of funds, research incorrect intergovernmental and reimbursement payment transactions
• Create budget spreadsheet to track expenditures, assist in close-out of obligations in expired appropriation accounts and current appropriation account.
• Assist Senior Financial Analyst with gathering, retrieving, sorting and preparing documentation for internal and external financial audits. Also, assistance will be required to monitor two Budget and Financial Outlook mailboxes for retrieving incoming emails and financial documents and sending emails to request financial documents.
• Supervisor and Senior Financial Analyst will require these positions to perform other duties as assigned.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Experience of financial management principles, the Federal budget process, budget analyses and accounting systems.
• Must be detail oriented and have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience determining whether obligations, expenditures, and required allotments are within funding limitations in the approved budget.
• Must have general knowledge of various automated systems, i.e., Excel, Outlook, Word, and Access.
• Ability to pay close attention to details and work well with others
Bachelor Degree required or equivalent years of Financial Management work experience
• Ability to successfully complete a corporate Background Investigation to include; 50 State Criminal, Education, Employment, Credit and Driving Records Checks
• Must possess an active Department of Justice Moderate Risk Public Trust; active Secret or Top Secret clearance preferred
• Excellent written and interpersonal communications skills
• Experience with various software, i.e., Windows XP, WordPerfect, MS Word, Lotus 1 2 3, Excel, and Quattro Pro
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.