Category: Business Analysis (functional and technical)
Main location: United States, District of Columbia, Washington
Position ID: J0423-1757
Employment Type: Full Time
Do you have a proven interest in information technology and business and a passion for learning? Are you a go-to problem solver that is motivated to make an impact by providing designing customized business efficiencies for our clients? If so, joining CGI as a Business Analyst could be the ideal opportunity for you.
You will join one of our many teams and work in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment to provide expertise in designing, developing and executing solutions to enhance the quality of IT products and services for our clients. At CGI, you can explore your full potential – not confined by borders or pre-defined paths. You’re empowered to tackle problems in your own unique way which is not only valued and respected but encouraged.
Come be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities. Join our team of professionals in our Lebanon, VA or DC office where you will be working with the United States Agency for International Development (USAID); we support missions that foster national security, foreign relations and resilient democratic societies.
CGI provides a unique culture that gives you the freedom to innovate, to make decisions, and chart your own career!
Future duties and responsibilities
• Support End-Users: Provide effective client support by answering questions, identifying process or software issues, determining and implementing solutions, documenting resolutions, and communicating guidance to end users in a fast pace environment.
• Perform In-Depth Analysis: Develop your knowledge of our client’s industry, organization, and business objectives. Understanding the business needs of our client, troubleshoot challenging solutions that include software issues, data issues, maintenance, and system configuration.
• Support System Changes:
o Follow established Change Request/SDLC processes to implement new functionality or issue resolutions.
o Create and/or maintain systems documentation, training materials and user guides regarding functionality and business processes for new or existing systems.
o Create test plans, traceability matrices, test scenarios, and test cases for functionality testing.
o Perform system testing to assess how well a product adheres to its design, standards, as well as its usability and ability to meet business needs.
• Demonstrate in-depth technical capabilities with the ability to support multiple work streams and drive assimilation of new techniques and solutions.
• Participate in team problem solving efforts and offer ideas to solve client issues.
• Understand business requirements and translate them to executable work for a cross-functional team.
• Attend and participate in Agile ceremonies – including Daily Stand-Up Meetings, Sprint Reviews, Backlog Refinements, Sprint Retrospectives, and PI Planning events.
Minimal annual travel to Washington, D.C. required for badging/renewals.
Require qualifications to be successful in this role
An interim Secret clearance is required to begin working onsite with our client, and a Secret clearance must be maintained throughout the project duration. Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearance requirements, US citizenship is required.
• Bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in Computer Science, IS/IT, Mathematics, Business, Economics, Accounting/Finance or STEM related discipline
• 2+ years of relevant experience (e.g., business analysis, application/software support, client/customer support)
• Strong analytical problem-solving skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work with diverse personality types
• Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and written with customers, team members, and management
• Pro-active/self-starter – must be able to work independently and in a team environment
• Exceptional attention to detail is required
• Must be dedicated to the role: punctual, self-confident and completely dependable
• Fast learner with a passion for technology
• 1+ Years of Experience working on Analytics and Business Intelligence focused initiatives, preferably in a consulting capacity.
• 1+ Years of Experience using Microsoft Power Platform, ServiceNow, Salesforce or other low-code development tools.
• 1+ Years of Experience in working with SQL, Python, Java, HTML or CSS
• Experience with project management tools or products (Atlassian, ServiceNow, Summit, Salesforce, etc.)
• Experience working with various self-service business intelligence and data visualization tools such as Tableau, Power BI, Business Objects, etc.
• Experience working in an Agile-based environment or understanding of the software lifecycle and/or Agile development methodologies.
• Strong technical and troubleshooting techniques.
• Understanding of basic financial and accounting principles.
“CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to skill set level, experience and training, and licensure and certifications. To support the ability to reward for merit-based performance, CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $65,000 - $95,000.”
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Clickhere (https://cgi-veterans.jobs/) to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.