CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Senior Project Manager in Washington, District Of Columbia
Senior Project Manager
Find similar career opportunities
Senior Project Manager
Category: Project Management
City: Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Position ID: J0119-2086
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
In support of a Federal law enforcement agency, you will lead a large scale application development team, using Agile. This is an exciting opportunity to work with intelligent and fascinating clients in a collaborative, fast-paced environment. We serve as trusted advisors to our clients, working together to solve complex and challenging problems faced by the agency. Working with a dynamic team, you will have opportunities to grow your career, while overseeing the delivery of innovative solutions to the agency. Your role includes building a strong partnership with all project stakeholders, serving as a trusted advisor and Subject Matter Expert, conducting Agile coaching to Product Owners, Scrum Master, leadership, and team members, and ensuring high quality deliverables.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Ensure that all project deliverables and solutions are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
• Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
• Manage a team of functional and technical resources and provide leadership, mentoring, and career guidance
• Develop and maintain a project plan to monitor and track progress
• Manage changes to the project scope and project schedules
• Establish and maintain strong, positive relationships with the primary client organization, including internal and external divisions, as well as third party vendors and partners
• Create and maintain comprehensive required project documentation and SELC artifacts
• Report and escalate problems and issues to management as needed
• Perform risk management to minimize project risks and work with the leadership at the client organization to manage risks with them
• Produce ad-hoc reports and deliverables as requested
• Provide Agile coaching to the integrated team (clients and team members) on all aspects of Agile project management framework
• Demonstrate servant leadership and the qualities and mindsets that are associated with agile methods
• Enable the continual improvement of software development projects
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
15+ years related experience
Strong Agile Project Management Experience
Exceptional client management skills
Bachelors degree or equivalent experience in lieu of education
Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearance requirements, US citizenship is required.
Current USSS EOD or Active DHS EOD or Active DoD Secret
Prior experience working for/on Federal Client Site
Master of Business Administration (MBA), Master’s Degree in IT-related Management, or Master of Science in related discipline
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.