CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Tableau Developer in Washington, District Of Columbia
Find similar career opportunities
Category: Business Consulting, Strategy and Digital Transformation
City: Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Position ID: J0918-1914
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
CGI is a team of business, strategy and technology professionals who bring operational experience and a value-driven methodology to help our clients make the best decision for their mission. It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership.
With an employee population of 74,000 in hundreds of locations worldwide, We Listen, Innovate, Lead and Deliver. CGI has a corporate culture of shared responsibility while providing practical innovation to create powerful results. CGI strives to be recognized by our professionals, whom we call members, as an empowering environment in which to build a career and company we can be proud of. Our members derive their greatest satisfaction from helping our clients succeed, and are passionate about contributing to the continuous improvement of the communities in which we live and work. The digital needs of our customers and citizens are bringing about the transformation of commercial and government organizations around the world. CGI, one of the largest IT and business consulting services firms, is at the forefront of this change, serving as our clients guide on their digital journey, providing practical innovation to create powerful results.
Bottom line? All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create, discover what you can do at CGI.
Build your career with CGI by joining a dynamic team of Tableau Developers supporting projects for Federal Agencies in Washington D.C.. CGI offers competitive salary, benefits, flexible work schedule and location. As CGI continues to grow, CGI offers career growth and mobility as CGI provides IT Modernization to its clients.
CGI is seeking Tableau Developers to perform analysis and reporting activities supporting Agile Scrum teams for Federal Agencies in Washington D.C. The Tableau Developers will work with users, subject matter experts, and product owners to gather requirements and create Tableau reporting and analytics solutions in a fast-paced Agile environment.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Collaborate with subject matter experts, database administrators, data stewards and others to ensure the accurate collection and analysis of reporting requirements; including new data requirements, reporting layout and distribution needs.
• Collaborate with team members and IT to ensure functional and business specifications are met.
• Create Tableau dashboards with interactive visualizations, trends and drill-downs, along with user level security.
• Gather, analyze and document business requirements, functional requirements and data specifications.
• Analyze client-specific data and understand it to make recommendations to internal customers for greater use/efficiency, and work on data mapping and data gap analysis required as part of the development process.
• Design and implement a solution to create the required reports, which includes ad-hoc and standard reports, and also includes tabular reports in dashboards.
• Define best practices for Tableau report development.
• Create Tableau scorecards and dashboards using stack bars, bar graphs, scattered plots, geographical maps and Gantt charts.
• Create custom hierarchies to meet business requirements in Tableau
• Create action filters, parameters and calculated sets for preparing dashboards and worksheets in Tableau.
• Publish customized interactive reports and dashboards and report scheduling using Tableau server.
• Administer user, user groups and scheduled instances for reports in Tableau.
• Generate dashboards with quick/context/global filters, parameters and calculated fields.
• Utilize stored procedures and UDF functions (i.e., model library) for complex queries.
• Assume an active role in quality assurance (QA) and user acceptance testing (UAT) for reporting solutions by providing unit/integration testing support, attending team meetings and preparing documentation
• Publish, batch and customize interactive reports and dashboards using Tableau server
• Conduct periodic tuning of Tableau Server dashboards to minimize the data and render refresh cycles to optimize the end-user experience.
• Develop data and reporting KPI dashboards
• Manage user access and reporting/dashboard access
• Assist in developing best Tableau deployment practices, including development, governance and maintenance
• Provide production support for Tableau users by assisting in troubleshooting of reporting and technical issues
• Manage the applications, users, groups and integration with Active Directory
• Automate monitoring and server job processes
• Develop complex worksheets and dashboards including financial (claims, premiums, policy) dashboards
• Develop ad-hoc data sets for end users
• Set up Tableau training sessions for end users to create their own dashboards
• Work directly with the end users to gather information for building dashboards
• Implement and manage version control
• Set up security and permissions on dashboards and worksheets
• Write complex SQL queries to extract data for the dashboard
• Prepare effective story telling using dashboards
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 4 + years of experience in Tableau 2018, 10.x (different versions) of Tableau Online, Tableau Desktop, Tableau Server
• Specialization in designing enterprise solutions with visualizations and data-discovery tools
• Creative data storytelling and delivering insights
• Effective communication and presentation skills to all levels of management, including senior executives
• Experience in developing and delivering Tableau training to other report developers and users
• Strong belief in the art of dashboarding and following best practices while designing dashboards
• Strong understanding of Tableau and its advanced features including calculated fields, parameters, table calculations, row-level security, R integration, joins, data blending and dashboard actions
• Ability to analyze and obtain insights from complex/ large data sets
• Hands-on experience building groups, hierarchies, bins, table calculations, etc.
• Excellent SQL writing skills
• Familiarity with installation, configuration, patching and upgrading of Tableau took across environments
• Ability to work in an environment with deadlines and shifting priorities
• Ability to work in an Agile environment and drive projects forward within team setting
• Strong creativity, analytical and problem-solving skills
Security Clearance: Must be a US Citizen and able to obtain a Government Agency clearance.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
Prior experience working for a federal client
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.