Visa Support Specialist (VS)
Visa Support Specialist (VS)
Main location: United States, District of Columbia, Washington
Position ID: J1223-0243
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI Federal is looking for outgoing, experienced Visa Support Specialist to join our team. The ideal candidates should possess excellent communication skills, have experience in customer service, and be able to work as a team in a fast paced environment. This position processes highly sensitive and confidential information. Experience with contracts and processing is preferred.
Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearance requirements, US Citizenship is required. The selected candidate must be able to frequently lift and carry up to 45lbs. This position may require long hours of standing. As a result, the selected candidate will be expected to be able to stand and walk around the worksite for the entirety of their shift.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
The Visa Support Specialist provides support to the Government Visa Supervisor at the Special Issuance Agency (SIA) by performing various clerical and repetitive manual functions with high attention to detail and accuracy. The Visa Support Specialist shall perform, but not limited to, the following:
• Data enter, look-up files
• Assist counter services when required
• Ensure appointment is scheduled and review visa application for completeness and supporting documentation prior to adjudication. Screen customer documents at check in and information desks provide the correct application, photo and fee information. Copy customer’s identification. Distribute Passports envelopes to the correct applicant.
• Perform Quality Control in verifying that application data matches visa processing data
• Answer inquiries from visa applicants
• Assist the Government Visa Supervisor with Congressional, Headquarters, and White House Inquiries
• Liaise in-person, via email, and phone with embassies, consulates, and other high-level foreign country personnel
• Drive to Embassies and other locations, as required, in order to conduct required job duties
• Assist in training lower other Visa Support in the essential job functions, helping to constantly improve the training process/procedure. Required to actively participate with teams for continuous quality improvement and production workflow
• Capable of doing repetitive functions such as lifting, sitting, reaching, twisting, sealing envelopes, and filing.
• Standing in the public waiting area of the agency, while assisting the internal and external customer and general public. You may be required to stand for a minimum of 6 hours, but not to exceed 12 hours in a given day based upon scheduling requirements.
• Ability to work as triage helper in managing the public in an orderly manner.
• Ability to move up to 45 lbs
• Ability to work in inclement weather conditions, as requested by our government customer.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• High School diploma (or) 2 years of experience as a Support Associate Level I or II (or) 2 years of experience performing customer service support functions, and;
• Quality Control experience in verifying that application data matches Passport processing data or similar QC experience, and;
• Four (4) years of general office experience, including;
• Three (3) years of experience utilizing a variety of office software, specifically: MS Word, MS Power Point, MS Excel, and MS Outlook, and;
• (Preferred) International Passport experience.
• Must meet all qualifications requirements of the Support Associate Level I
• Ability to effectively and politely interface with public
• Ability to demonstrate excellent customer service and data entry skills
• Must be able to work independently
• Ability to comprehend and communicate the requirements for a visa in a professional and courteous manner over the telephone
• Ability to learn and recall information about visa application procedures and the rules and regulations pertaining to visa requirements
• Must be able to pass a driving record check and be willing to drive a government vehicle around DC to various embassy locations.
• Must be a US Citizen capable of obtaining and maintaining a US Government Secret clearance.
OPTIONAL: Desired qualifications/non-essential skills required
• Knowledge and understanding of the laws, rules and regulations pertaining to eligibility for and issuance of a U.S. Passport.
Hourly Rate: $ 23.62/hour
CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors including but not limited to: skill set level; experience and training; and licensure and certifications. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case.
At CGI Federal we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are owners and empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI Federal’s benefits include:
Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
Additional benefits determined by your Service Contract Act:
• Paid Time Off (PTO)
• Paid Federal Holidays
• Health & Welfare Benefits
Customer Service & Support
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, height, weight, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the Position ID of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a Position ID will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Clickhere (https://cgi-veterans.jobs/) to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.