CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Business Analyst in Wausau, Wisconsin
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Category: Business Analysis (functional and technical)
City: Wausau, Wisconsin, United States
Position ID: J0221-2180
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
CGI is seeking talented Business Analysts to join our dynamic team in Wausau, Wisconsin.
This will be supporting a client who is one of the long-standing financial institutions in the Intermountain West who provides a wide range of traditional banking and innovative technology services.
You will be instrumental in helping the CGI team deliver exceptional quality service to our clients in an agile environment. Your attention to detail and positive attitude will be highly valued in this high profile position. If you are great with juggling different tasks and like working with smart, talented people, this is the place for you!
Your future duties and responsibilities:
We are currently looking for a motivated Business Analyst to join our Finance team.
In this exciting role, you will gather, analyze, and help to implement business requirements for the Reconciliations team.
This Business Analyst will gather important business data and translate it into digestible information that improves the reconciliations process. You will assist in developing test plans, test cases, executing test cases, and validating data. Our ideal candidate can work on multiple projects simultaneously, is familiar with the entire Business Requirements Documentation process per the BABOK, including modelling & use cases, is very knowledgeable with the SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) as it relates to the Agile methodology and is experienced in testing.
The ideal candidate for this position will have skills and experience necessary to work closely with all level of the organizations. The Business Analyst will have banking project experience in accounting/finance to develop technical solutions to business problems. Not only will they define, analyze and document requirements they should be able to clearly define data flows, evaluate, and refine processes. This individual should also have a clear understanding of the difference between business and technical/functional requirements.
• Gathers, reviews, analyzes, validates, evaluates and maps business systems, reconciliation processes and user need and identifies opportunities for improvements and standardization
• Performs and participates in the analysis, design and implementation of business systems following appropriate standards and requirements gathering including development of traceability matrixes and process change matrixes
• Formulates reconciliation proposals, procedures and/or processes and partners with operations and accounting to implement
• Coordinate with testing team and assist with creating test scripts to ensure all collected requirements are fulfilled and conducts testing during parameterization
• Proficient in creating data models and business information flows and co-relate to system design
• Thinks at varying levels, from high concept to low detail and grasps business-centric design principles
• Understands and negotiates needs and expectations of multiple stakeholders
• Creates direct channels of communication with other project workstreams to get the job done without managerial interjection
• Develops comprehensive use cases and conducts and facilitates user acceptance test planning sessions, provide input for feasibility and prepares user documentation and follow-up evaluation
• Assists in developing user documentation and departmental policies and procedures that impact the use of application systems
• Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively in writing, speaking, and presentation
• Demonstrates creative "out of the box" thinking and champions ideas and sells them to others
• Works closely with business teams of the bank to visualize and implement future needs of the banks. Balance of critical and solutions-focused thinking – taking strategic approach to problems
• Ability to work in fast paced environment
• Other duties as assigned
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Requires a Bachelors’ degree in Accounting, Finance, Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or another related field
• Requires 6+ years’ experience in business analysis (define, analyze and documenting requirements, clearly define data flows, evaluate, refine processes, user-experience planning, multiple technologies, frameworks, processes, application, etc.) in banking and/or accounting/finance industry. CBAP desired.
• Experience in development of test cases and test execution
• Substantial experience in general accounting including reconciliation and financial reporting as well as bank operations
• Working knowledge of the various systems or products: Deposit Products, ACH, MTS, MICR, Lockbox, CMS & Recovery, Base 24, Teller, Account Analysis, Provider Pay, Online Banking and Treasury Internet Banking
• Preferred working knowledge of ADO, Jira, Oracle & Frontier
• Experience using data analytics to evaluate data, spot trends and format data to support decision making
• Strong testing and analytical skills, ability to identify problems, research issues, and provide solutions
• Strong presentation and communication skills, both verbal and written (business & technical)
• Ability to function in a consultative role and manage a team or project
• Requires strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with both management and staff employees exercise good judgement in choosing appropriate communication channels
• Must be able to prioritize schedule based on deliverables, goals and timelines to meet commitments on time
• A combination of education and experience may meet requirements.
• Xcel (including pivots and macros)
• Data Analysis
• Frontier systems
• Banking and Treasury Internet Banking, Deposit Products, ACH, MTS, MICR, Lockbox, CMS and Recovery, Base 24, Teller, Account Analysis, Provider Pay
• ADO, JIRA, Oracle
Est. Salary Range (Colorado Only): $51K-$75K*
*Disclaimer: In accordance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, effective January 1, 2021, a good faith hourly or base salary range must be posted for all positions where the work may be performed in the state of Colorado. Therefore, this good faith salary range will only apply where this described position will be performed in the state, and should not be considered the compensation range in other locations or for other positions.
At CGI we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI’s benefits include:
• Competitive base salaries
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
• Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment;
• Back-up child care, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.