CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Business Objects Universe Designer in Wausau, Wisconsin
Business Objects Universe Designer
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Business Objects Universe Designer
City: Wausau, Wisconsin, US United States
Position ID: J0221-2524
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI is seeking a Business Objects Universe Developer/Designer to join our team! In this exciting role, you will be a member of the Reporting and Downstream Data Operational Reporting team. We are supporting our banking client in building the next generation of banking technology working with all levels of their organization.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Build aggregate and filters and similar objects that make it easy to pull the same info skills with prototype views to speed the production of the reports
• SAP business objects
• Part of a team that takes the data and creates operational reporting from databases that are populated from the upstream system
• Banking experience preferable
• 4+ years with BO Universe Design
• 5-7 years overall experience
• Agile environment - candidate needs to understand that they are part of a team, BUT are responsible for their own deliverables
• Must be self-supporting, self-motivated, self-managed, and self-driven
• Review and accept each report specification for development
• Build the BOBJ Universes that will enable 200-300 deposit system reports
• Provide recommendations for best practices and document the selected design standards/decisions around Universe size, complexity, filters, and measures in conjunction with the related reports
• Analyze, profile, and map fields to the universe in support of reports and quick daily report generation
• Actively participate as a member of the Agile team
• Perform research, take ownership, and resolve issues, and support the delivery of reports to business customers
• Communicate and facilitate clearly with team members and business owners
• Work independently in a team environment to complete needed assignments
• Prepare statuses, update automated tracking tools (Azure DevOps “ADO”) and reports
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Requires a Bachelors’ degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or other related field
• 4+ years’ experience with SAP Business Objects Universe Design/Development experience
• Oracle database experience with joining tables
• SQL for data profiling, and strong knowledge for navigating databases and data structures, experience with operational data stores and/or enterprise data warehouses preferred
• Ability to prototype views to be implemented within the database in support of better report performance
• Agile experience (SAFe methodology preferred)
• Some banking knowledge preferred
• Requires extensive unit testing experience
• Requires strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with both management and employees
• Highly motivated individual who will take ownership of assigned deliverables
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize and manage time effectively
• Experience with Jira or Azure DevOps (ADO) tools
A combination of education and experience may meet qualifications.
Skill Set Years of Experience Proficiency Level
4+ years with Universe Design
Working knowledge for queries
Banking (Core or Deposit preferred) or Insurance Brokerage expertise
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS/NON-ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
Agile environment - candidate needs to understand that they are part of a team, BUT are responsible for their own deliverables
Self supporting, self motivated, self managed, self driven
Est. Salary Range (Colorado Only): $53K-$80K*
*Disclaimer: In accordance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, effective January 1, 2021, a good faith hourly or base salary range must be posted for all positions where the work may be performed in the state of Colorado. Therefore, this good faith salary range will only apply where this described position will be performed in the state, and should not be considered the compensation range in other locations or for other positions.
At CGI we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI’s benefits include:
• Competitive base salaries
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
• Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment;
• Back-up child care, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.