Principal Full Stack SW Engineer
Category: Software Development/ Engineering
Main location: United States, Tennessee, Knoxville
Alternate Location(s): United States, Louisiana, Lafeyette
United States, Wisconsin, Wausau
Position ID: J0723-1437
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI USA - Knoxville and CGI: Creating jobs, growing communities
We are looking for a Senior Full Stack Engineer having a high degree of competence in developing easy -to-use, customer focused responsive user interface applications. You will help us design and develop applications that focus on customer experience. Also, you will be involved to integrate with backend services. You’ll contribute to the entire development lifecycle from concept to deployment as a member of an agile, multi-functional team.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
· Lead small Squads in hands-on capacity and mentor them
· Participate in design and implementation of software solutions that meet functional and non-functional
requirements and aligned to overall Architecture
· Design, Develop and test highly scalable responsive user interfaces
· Participate in design and code reviews
· Participate in CI/CD activities
· Understand the leadership vision and execute on that vision
· Strengthen and promote the culture of innovation by set ting examples
· Find creative ways to get things done, automate and do them right
· Foster a culture of best in class software engineering practices
· Exercise a passion for keeping your knowledge up-to-date with the latest frameworks and concepts
· Ensure the high level of integrity in the team
· Take ownership and accountability for figuring out what needs to be done
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Experience &Technical Skills :
· 7+ years of proven software development experience developing enterprise solutions
· 5+ years proven development experience in frameworks such as Angular 8+, ReactJS, NodeJS,
· 3+ years of hands-on experience in developing Web services and API solutions using various Java
· Proficient in designing, developing and testing Single-Page Apps (SPA) and using Server-Side
· Proficient in Java, J2EE, Spring MVC, Spring Core, Spring boot is preferred.
jQuery, XML, JSON, REST API's
· Experience in Domain Driven design & Microservice Architecture
· Experience in designing and developing services - API, including versioning, isolation is a plus
· Experience in documenting APIs leveraging an API documentation framework (Swagger)
· Experience in testing frameworks like Junit, Mockito, Spring Test, Jasmine, Karma, Protractor
· Proficient in Design patterns and their applicability
· Understanding of 12-factor design principles and practical experience of remediating existing apps or
building new apps to comply to those principles
· Knowledge in DevOps processes, continuous integration and delivery pipelines (Maven, Jenkins,
Stash, Ansible, Docker)
· Knowledge of relational and NoSQL database management systems
· Understanding of Job Schedulers like Control-m and Cron is a plus
· Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate software engineering and/or development concepts and principles
· Analytical and problem-solving skills
· Strong teamwork skills with the ability to collaborate with other engineers including distributed team members
· Contribute to continual improvement by suggesting improvements to all aspects of the development
· Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or a related field
This role must be located at one of the following locations: Knoxville, TN, Belton, TX, Lafayette. LA.
CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to skill set, level, experience, relevant training, and licensure and certifications. To support the ability to reward for merit-based performance, CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range for this role in the U.S. is $119,500 -$230,100.
At CGI we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI’s benefits include:
• Competitive base salaries
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
• Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment;
• Back-up child care, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Clickhere (https://cgi-veterans.jobs/) to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.