CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Cloud Engineer in Westminster, Colorado
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
City: Westminster, Colorado, United States
Position ID: J0221-2370
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: A place to build an IT career
Opportunity to work in a dynamic mature SAFe environment supporting satellite client. This role is to work with the IT department support engineering departments deployment of microservices within both secure and non-secure environments and ensuring proper communication channels between secure and non-secure.
Your intellectual curiosity will be a huge asset in this role. Customer service attitude will take you far as well! Fun, fast paced environment!
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Opportunity to work in a dynamic, mature SAFe environment supporting microservices architecture. Team is looking for cloud engineers to support secure environment AWS deployments as well as administration of Infrastructure as Code using Terraform, HELM (HashiCorp Vault, JFrog artifactory, GitLab, Jenkins, Apache Artemis, Netflix Eureka, OATH2 provider UAA, IAM management, Tag enforcement with Lambdas and database usage with RDS.
Cloud engineer direct responsibilities:
• Develop, deploy AWS infrastructure
• Remediation of security findings during predeployment and deployment activities
• Support engineering teams who deploy using services provided by IT.
• Maintaining consistent code which is deployed within multiple production environments
• Maintain health of the AWS infrastructure and services provided by this IT team
• Containerize microservices using Kubernetes
• Deploy and maintain Kubernetes infrastructure
• Identify and implement improvements for CI/CD
• Proactively look for opportunities for improvement
• Partner closely with all stakeholders to understand issues and identify solutions
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 8 years experience in software engineering
• 2 years with CI / CD pipelines
• 2 years with AWS infrastructure and services (configuring as well as: Terraform, EC2, Lambda and other services)
• Exposure to Kubernetes
• Working knowledge of a combination of the following: Terraform and HELM by HashiCorp Vault, JFrog artifactory, GitLab, Jenkins, Apache Artemis, Netflix Eureka, OATH2 provider UAA, IAM management.
• 1 year experience w Linux and containerized workloads
• 1 year experience deploying and maintaining prod infrastructure
Looking for the following qualities:
• Resourcefulness – ability and desire to dig in to solve problems,
• Aptitude and willingness to learn and grow while having fun on a dynamic team,
• Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate clearly with clients and team members in other locations.
**US citizen and a Secret security clearance is required.
Est. Salary Range (Colorado Only): $107,000-$160,000*
*Disclaimer: In accordance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, effective January 1, 2021, a good faith hourly or base salary range must be posted for all positions where the work may be performed in the state of Colorado. Therefore, this good faith salary range will only apply where this described position will be performed in the state, and should not be considered the compensation range in other locations or for other positions.
At CGI we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI’s benefits include:
• Competitive base salaries
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
• Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment;
• Back-up child care, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more
AWS Cloud Adoption Framework
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.