CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Sr. Software Engineer in Westminster, Colorado
Sr. Software Engineer
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Sr. Software Engineer
Category: Software Development/ Engineering
City: Westminster, Colorado, US United States
Position ID: J1121-0314
Employment Type: Full Time
Opportunity to work in a mature agile environment to develop cloud deployed micro-services based architecture supporting an aerospace client. Use a variety of skills and languages in a fast paced, cutting edge environment where your voice can be heard to better process and team interactions – and overall “how things get done”.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Team is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to develop software within a team of others and working in partnership with client and other CGI team members located in Colorado.
The successful candidate will have experience within an agile environment (preferably SAFe Agile) and will have experience with a combination of back end and front end development utilizing some of the following technologies:
• Docker, Kubernetes, AWS
• Postgres, Spring boot, Cloud Foundry, Restful services
• Eureka, Kibana, ActiveMQ, IntelliJ, Jenkins technical environment.
• typescript, nodejs, twitter bootstrap
• Angular 2 or higher
• Nice to have: Python, Ruby
Looking for the following qualities:
• Resourcefulness – ability and desire to dig in to solve problems,
• Aptitude and willingness to learn and grow while having fun on a dynamic team,
• Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate clearly with clients and team members in other locations,
• Leadership – ability to provide leadership within the team,
• Quirky/ personable and able to have a laugh while being focused to work towards deadlines.
Responsibilities will include:
• Pointing user stories
• Working within scrum teams consisting of PO, SM, other engineers, and testers
• Understanding requirements within user stories and developing solutions
• Owning user stories and working independently
• Troubleshooting and working within a team structure of 5 – 10 team members
• Unit testing work
• Ability to do more complex testing on user stories (that you didn’t code) when the team needs to swarm at end of sprint
• Deploying into a pipeline
• Being client-facing, so excellent written and verbal communication as well as business acumen
• Raising and mitigating risks within a team
• Overcoming issues – resourcefulness!
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
US Citizenship as required by Government contracting requirements
Postgres, Spring boot, Cloud Foundry, Restful services, Eureka, Kibana, ActiveMQ, IntelliJ, Jenkins, typescript, nodejs, twitter bootstrap
10+ years of SW engineering
Angular, Python, Ruby - a plus
Minimum Years of directly related experience Required: 10
Minimum Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Due to the nature of government contract, US citizenship is required.
As a Federal Contractor, all members of CGI Federal, regardless of role or work location are required to be fully vaccinated, and be willing to provide proof of status. Accommodations for medical and religious beliefs or practices may be provided. Current effective date is December 8th, 2021.
Est. Salary Range (Colorado Only): $84,000-$140,000*
*Disclaimer: In accordance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, effective January 1, 2021, a good faith hourly or base salary range must be posted for all positions where the work may be performed in the state of Colorado. Therefore, this good faith salary range will only apply where this described position will be performed in the state, and should not be considered the compensation range in other locations or for other positions.
At CGI we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI’s benefits include:
• Competitive base salaries
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
• Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment;
• Back-up child care, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more
AWS Cloud Adoption Framework
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.