Main location: United States, Delaware, Wilmington
Position ID: J1123-0367
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI Federal is seeking a skilled administrative professional with to support a division of DOJ in Wilmington, DE.
This position provides principal secretarial support in an office, usually to one individual, and, in some cases, to the subordinate staff of that individual.
• The Administrative Assistant maintains a close and highly responsive relationship to the day-to-day activities of the supervisor and staff, works fairly independently receiving a minimum of detailed supervision and guidance
• Performs various clerical and secretarial duties requiring knowledge of office routine and an understanding of the organization, programs, and procedures related to the work of the office.
• MS Office (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint) is required
• Provide administrative support to executive staff with office management responsibilities to include budgeting, personnel records, and payroll.
• The Administrative Assistant may be required to work independently on projects requiring research and preparation of briefing charts and other presentation materials.
• Advises individuals outside the organization on the executive's views on major policies or current issues facing the organization; contacts or responds to contact from high-ranking outside officials (e.g., city or state officials, members of congress, presidents of national unions or large national or international firms, etc.) in unique situations. These officials may be relatively inaccessible, and each contact typically must be handled differently, using judgment and discretion.
• Acting as office manager for the executive's organization, e.g., determines when new procedures are needed for changing situations and devises and implements alternatives; revising or clarifying procedures to eliminate conflict or duplication; identifying and resolving various problems that affect the orderly flow of work in transactions with parties outside the organization.
• Preparing agenda for conferences; explain discussion topics to participants; drafts introductions and develops background information and prepares outlines for executive or staff member(s) to use in writing speeches.
• Anticipate and prepare materials needed by the supervisor for conferences correspondence, appointments, meetings, telephone calls, etc., and informs supervisor on matters to be considered;
• Read publications, regulations, and directives and take action or refer those that are important to the supervisor and staff;
• Prepare special or one-time reports, summaries, or replies to inquiries, selecting relevant information from a variety of sources such as reports, documents, correspondence, other offices, etc., under general directions.
CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors including but not limited to: skill set level, experience and training, and licensure and certification. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case.*
Hourly wage: $32.88/hr. (non-negotiable)
At CGI Federal we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are owners and empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI Federal’s benefits include:
Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
Paid Time Off (PTO)
11 Standard Holidays
Health & Welfare Benefits as determined by your Service Contract Act
Finance & Accounting
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, height, weight, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the Position ID of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a Position ID will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Clickhere (https://cgi-veterans.jobs/) to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.